[Dailydrool] Basset Back Surgery

Fiona Lomas via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 1 07:56:56 PST 2016

Hi Droolers,

I haven't ever posted on the Drool but I haven't needed to until now... Our 10 yr old male basset just had back surgery on Thursday for a slipped disk. He's home now as of yesterday afternoon but he won't settle down and rest.  He's taking a lot of pain meds so I'm surprised he is moving around and also whinging, we're so worried about him. Is this normal behaviour after this kind of surgery?  We're about an hour away from where the operation was done so we're thinking of taking him back. He was originally released because he was anxious there and the neurologist thought he'd be more comfortable at home.

Please shed some light on this!
Fiona Lomas of Watson (Watty) Lomas

Sent from my iPhone