[Dailydrool] fear not, my statement is not a plea of sympathy, just why I have dropped out hard so far

Jacquelynn Chazey via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 9 19:28:59 PST 2016

Dear Drool Family,

Nancy, thank you for this family and all the cyber friends I have.

I do have a pristine deck of daily drool cards, never opened, not ready to
let them go to raffle, soon or ever.  Time will tell....

I spent from April 2003 until September 2014 with dedicated 24/7 Mom care,
a 4 year blip when she was in institutional care, but I finally got her
home with hospice help.  Of course during the 4 year blip, I was hands on
and constantly monitoring her care.   She passed 9/18/14.  My Dad passed
long before.

At the expensive assisted living she grew a huge bed sore and a broken hip
and was kicked out, sent to a nursing home.

I asked a lawyer if damages were liable, but he said proof would be more
expensive than the reward.

I only mention this because watch out for your elders.  They are so victims
in the system.

I am in an out of daily sadness, not depression,  but the hounds really
keep me going.

It is odd but sometimes I see the ghost of Pumpkin in the herd.

I knew it would be hard, losing so many dogs and Mom at the same time, but
this is what life gave me, and I better do a better job of getting my
spirit right.

If Marlene were still on the list, I would have used different vocabulary.

Doing the best I can, and I know so many have it worse

Drool and love,

Jackie and my loves, Jellybean, Nigel (hey, Janie Anne, haven't heard any
news, I hope you are doing better, xoxoxo, and I am stealing Mom's iPad so
she won't be gaming any more soon), Colette, Little Nikki and Pierre jr.