[Dailydrool] Ear Infections

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Feb 10 05:00:15 PST 2016

Generally chronic ear infections have an allergy that keeps fueling the
inflammation that in turn fuels the infection. I realize that the skin
testing is supposedly more accurate, but it is also very expensive. I have
had the blood testing done on 7 dogs now. I have had all 7 dogs improve
with it. They can do food as well. It is only 80% accurate, but like I say,
that works for me. Generally the blood testing runs between $250-$400.

Blue Ear Treatment is amazing. I use it once a month in Bugsey's ears for
maintenance. I met Jan's Dexter in the height of his ear infection. OMG! I
have never seen ears that were so infected and painful in my life. He was a
rescue, so he came to Jan with the ears so bad. I don't want you to think
Jan let them get that bad. She is an amazing basset mom.I credit her with
Browyn surviving parvo so well.

You do have to be careful though. You can't use it when the ear drum is not
intact. That was our probelm when Bugsey was little. His ear drum ruptured
from the infection 3 times before he was even 2. I finally insisted that
the vet allergy test him. He had some wicked allergies and 7 food
allergies. Once I changed his food, his ear drum regrew and I was able to
use the Blue ear treatment. It cleared up quickly from there and it was
psuedamonis.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess