[Dailydrool] Walking Millie in snow.

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 15 18:56:53 PST 2016

Walking Millie in the snow has been a challenge.  For some reason  animal
footprints really interest her.  When there is no snow she pretty  well walks
fairly well, sniffing here and there as we walk.  That does not  work for
snow covered areas.  When we walk and she sees footprints left by  a dog or
other critter, she has to stick her nose into each one and really give  it a
sniff.  When I said each one, I do mean each one.  A walk that  takes 15
minutes in the snowless months takes about 30 in winter.  It is  not so bad
when the temps are not too cold, but in the near zero and below, it  is hard.
She walks in the snow and her paws get cold and she then limps  until they
warm up.  It is comical, but frustrating.  The joys of a  basset.

Douglas and  Millie with
Pw.'s Charlie & Bennett Both ATB
ddropp at aol.com