[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Feb 18 14:46:05 PST 2016

 Hi all, Snoopy here,
I apologize for being missing in action but we've had trouble here at my home.  LuLu went in for a routine dental and came home missing EIGHT, count them EIGHT back teeth.  No one understands what happened here ..... she has had 3 dentals in the last 4 years .... but she is a puppy mill girl and had no health care the first 5 years of her life so that may be why.  She had a checkup in December and they recommended a routine cleaning so she went in and while she was under the vet discovered all her back teeth were just shells and the root was exposed.  Apparently she must have been in horrible pain so out they all came.  I am telling you this because sometimes folks hesitate to take seniors in for a routine dental due to concern about anesthesia.  Thank goodness momPerson is clueless ..... can you imagine if she had followed conventional wisdom (she is not very wise) instead of the advise of the vet?  LuLu would have continued to suffer, horribly, and no one would have known.
In other news Gracie has been intolerable lately ..... she hovers around the dinner table and if I let our a single solitary howl I get banished to the office for the rest of dinner.  SERIOUSLY.
As for me I am my handsome charming self.  I went to the vetspital yesterday for my heartworm test and my bordatella so I insisted on cookies (coming and going) and then I went to petsmart and had my nails trimmed so I needed cookies (coming and going) and then of course I needed to go to dairy queen for self server because I had my nails done ...... I tried telling dadPerson I needed 2 cones because I went to the vet AND the groomer but I only got one.  Harmph.  I am owed a soft serve ice cream cone.
More later from Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of missing objects who recently curated about $100 worth of chocolate purchased from a rescue fundraiser ........
OMG .... this is Dale .... he really did .... he did it the day LuLu had surgery ...... I had gone out for a bit .... the package was in the CENTER of the counter .... I forgot Snoopy can fly .... I came home and cardboard was all over the backyard ..... I RAN for the hydrogen peroxide ..... Thank DOG I keep it in one place where I can get it fast ..... I got a quarter cup down him and out came several pounds of chocolate .... mostly milk but some dark .... probably wouldn't have killed him ... emphasis on probably ..... after I got him empty I started working on Gracie .... doubted she had gotten any but had to be sure ..... in the middle of all this the vet called with news on LuLu ..... I grabbed the phone .... told her what was going on ..... she interrupted me .... "Dale get some hydrogen peroxide in him NOW" ..... I told her I did I did he's empty I'm working on Gracie to which she replied "ok but I doubt Gracie got any" ...... all I got from Gracie was dry heaves ..... better safe than sorry ..... oh what a day that way .....