[Dailydrool] Debbie's Dawgs $2 Tuesday

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Feb 21 16:31:57 PST 2016

Debbies Dawgs is having a quickie fundraiser to boost our general
fund on Tuesday, February 23rd.  Our general fund is used to donate
toward medical expenses for senior hounds that come into rescue with
a lot of issues - skin infections, ear infections, terrible teeth, abscesses,
you name it.  Senior hounds often have not had vet care in a long time
and come into rescue in serious need of attention to various medical
needs.  Basset rescues do not have the heart to turn these seniors
away but they don’t always have all the immediate resources they need
to pay the vet bills.  So Debbies Dawgs makes a donation toward the
vet bill for that particular hound to help give him or her a new start on
the life they so deserve.

I wish you could see the pictures of Frosty with Basset Buddies Basset
Rescue of Texas - he came into rescue emaciated and with all kinds
of issues.  Just a few weeks later, he has been vetted, had a dental,
gained some weight and he looks like a different dog - a dog that
will now have a chance at a forever home where he will get the
love and care he deserves.  If you do Facebook, please go to
our Debbies Dawgs page and look for the post with the before
and after picture. If you are not on Facebook and want to see it,
email me at dlindy at mac.com and I will send it to you.  It is really
remarkable what rescue can do for a senior in bad shape. It is not
a picture that will make you cringe but you can see that Frosty has
come a long way in a short period of time.

If you would like to donate to help with our general fund or in memory
of Debbie, you can paypal your contribution to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com
Please choose the friends and family option so we don’t get charged
any fees. If you prefer to send a check, please email me for details.

Last  year we donated $8750 to 30 hounds - we’d like to do more this
year.  We did donate to Frosty and want to see more after pictures
with a happy hound like Frosty is.

We’re starting our 3rd year of helping the seniors, Debbie!  They
will not be forgotten and neither will you.

Thanks,

Donna, drool fueler for Bosley, Sunny and Maggie