[Dailydrool] Merta Lou Not Eating

Sandi Wittenberg via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Feb 25 15:08:24 PST 2016

Recovery from a spay is more taxing the recovery from a neuter - it takes
longer, deeper incision and more anesthesia.  Also, the anesthesia affects
some differently and can cause nausea.  I would give her milk thistle to
help clear the anesthesia out of her system.  I would also offer her some
canned chicken noodle soup (not diluted) and warm slightly or scrambled
eggs.  If that doesn't work, then I would boil some liver, puree it and pour
a little of it over her food.  If she doesn't start eating within the next
24 hours, then I would call the vet.   Cerenia would help with nausea or she
may need an appetite stimulant.

Sandi Wittenberg

Red Bay Bassets