[Dailydrool] Doggie First aid kit

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Feb 26 20:45:32 PST 2016

Hi it's the ever clueless momPerson here,
I haven't posted this for a while and folks join all the time so I'll post again .... and then I'll tell you what reminded me ....
Get a box, put it in a good place like under the sink and put everything in the box
Benadryl -- for when they get an allergic reaction and seconds matter ..... it can save their lifeHydrogen peroxide .... for when they eat chocolate .... or your medicine .... I use less than a quarter cup .... up comes the offending objectA digital thermomitor .... so you know if you need to get to the emergency vet .... 101 is normalAcrpitin (buffered aspirin) .... for pain releifGasX  .... to help stop onset of bloatSomethicone .... liquid gas relief .... to dump down their throat as you RUN for the vet with your dog bloatingGold bond cream .... for the red itchy pitsand .........
a dog stretcher.  figure it out NOW folks .... our dogs are long, awkward and heavy.  If they are hurt you need a way to pick them up and get them in the car to get them to the emergency vet.  You can use a foldable dog ramp.  You can use two poles and a tarp.  You can use a lot of stuff but figure that out NOW and put it someplace where you can get it fast cause when you need it you won't be thinking too good .....
My big black lab Cyrus was 110 lbs.  Huge beautiful boy.  He died in his sleep one night ..... came out in the morning and my big beautiful boy was gone.  It was around 4 when I realized he hadn't come to bed.  We covered our trunk in plastic.  Used that ramp I talked about, rolled him onto a sheet, wrapped it around him and rolled him onto the ramp and carried him to my trunk and there he stayed till the vet opened ..... drove over there and they got him out and took him in back.  I remember being real glad we had a plan.
Not to mention all the times Snoopy's eaten chocolate and we had a plan.  Get all the stuff above and make sure you can find it and be well folks.
More later from the clueless momPerson aka Dale who knows a little bit of stuff