[Dailydrool] First aid kits

Vanessa Engquist via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Feb 27 14:03:53 PST 2016

Just wanted to add my two cents. Jimmy got his ear pierced by a not so friendly golden retriever at the dog park one year and boy do Basset ears bleed a lot! I had a first aid kit with gauze and bandages but he kept bleeding through them. So I found a maxi pad in the back of my truck opened it up stuck it to his ear, absorbent side down, rolled some gauze around it and headed for the vet. It worked great! As it says on the package super absorbent! Now they are a part of all of my first aid kits, dog and human. Heaven forbid you need them, tampons too, for the larger holes. They do exactly what they are designed for.

Also, bill posted a very important question, that I was too afraid to ask. I've had my jimmy for all of my adult life, we've been through everything together, I dont know how I will react when he does pass, but hopefully I will remember something. As I write this im staring at the wall he ate today while I was away. Never in his 13.5 years has he eaten a wall, or chewed anything for that matter, so im a little concerned about this new behavior. Hmmmm, well off to fix a wall.

Vanessa, Jimmy the hound, and Swyper the hyper puggle!