[Dailydrool] Eating everything

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 29 11:52:35 PST 2016

well......ahhh...... sounds pretty normal. Merta Lou is about 9 months and
eats sticks. Doc is notabasset but is almost 4 and he eats sticks. Always
has.
Every Basset puppy I have had has eaten everything he could grab.
If I yell, Merta lou will stop chewing sometimes long enough for me to get
the stick. Sometimes her mouth drops with horror:
"You raised your voice at ME?"
and I can grab the item.
My advice is: keep an eye on her, wear tennis shoes for traction, work on
teaching LEAVE IT.
This last is truly important and I urge you to incorporate it in your daily
commands. Even my Bassets know Leave It and will, unless of course it is
something wonderfully delectable, like a dead bird....

Good Luck

MomPerson to Conley, Doc  & Merta Lou