[Dailydrool] Dog Advisor

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 9 04:43:34 PST 2016

I to use the dog food advisor. First, I have a degree in animal science and
a minor in animal nutrition. I still use the dog food advisor site. The one
bias that drives me cravy is they like to see multiple sources of protein.
In the last year they have gotten a little better about it. But, as the mom
of only allergy dogs, I am looking for dog foods with as few ingredients as
possible. I only want one kind of meat in the food.

There are a few ingredients I avoid like the plague. The first one is meat
by product meal. It isn't so much that I am against using kidney, hearts
and lungs in the food. It is that this can and be from dead animals. I know
technically it is processed at such a high temperature that the disease
organisms are gone, but there can be all kind of residule drugs in these
animals. Plus, I just dont think an animal that died from a disease process
is as good a source of nutrition as a healthy one. I don't like foods with
artificial colors because I have had a few that it made very hyper and
aggressive, and I don't like antifreeze in the food. So, that is my two
cents.

I, like Bev, don't mind grains in the food. The thing is the grain free
foods have potatoes and peas in them. Those are still carbohydrate sources.
So, I am not really sure what you are gaining.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess