[Dailydrool] Merta Lou

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Feb 25 04:19:41 PST 2016

Some dogs get their tummies all ut of wack by anesthesia. Ironically, it
has been 2 males for me. Bismark ATB and Beauford both couldn't eat for two
days after they were neutered. I made the mistake of trying to hand feed
Bismark. He just threw up. I told the vet how miserable Beauford was when
he was neutered. So, he gave him a big cerenia shot when he had his teeth
cleaned and two tumors removed. That helped a lot.

Make sure she is still drinking. I am a big fan of half strength gatoraid.
I am told most animals don't like citrus. I feel like throwing up every
time I smell fruit punch from childhood associations, so I like to use
grape.It will keep her hydrated and give her a few calories. If she isn't
eating by tomorrow morning, I would probably call the vet. I don't know if
cerenia at this point will help or not, but it might.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess