[Dailydrool] Cushings

Jessica Rutan via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jan 26 16:49:55 PST 2016

Ok
I have sat down the computer to write a note several times, but end up
in tears and walk away.
First may I say, Thank you!
I can not tell you how healing it was to read all the posts about what
you have learned from your basset. I think that the running thread
through each post was love. We all seemed to learn so much about love.
I am still missing Harley more than I can say. I am just so crushed by
having to put him down. I have gone through guilt, anger, and just
sheer deep pain by losing him. I find it so hard to even talk about
him without bursting out in tears.
But this brings me to another problem.
My Sassy has been diagnosed with Cushings. I am numb at this moment,
but the fear of this news is starting to creep to each fiber of my
body. I am sure by late tonight I will be scared and in tears with
worry. Can someone who has or is dealing with this diagnoses in your
Basset reach out to me off the Drool maybe? Will I lose Sassy too? I
do not even know what to say to the children. My husband is out of the
state for two weeks and I am just scared.
I have read some things on line, but would really like to talk with
someone who can tell their story and answer some basic questions for
me. Please do not take this as my Vet not doing his job. He is
amazing, and I trust him. I just need someone to tell their story.

Thank you in advance.

Jessica Rutan
jrutan at aubreydog.com