[Dailydrool] My friend, Crackers has arrived.

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jan 28 11:50:32 PST 2016

Auntie Feyfey! What's up? Are you crying or laughing? I see your tail wagging. Crackers arrived? Not my friend, the both venerable and goofy houndie who owned Auntie Kathy Riker. Nooooooo! He arrived. You found him standing on the intake desk? Crackers must be feeling better. It has been a while since he jumped on things. I know, he was your friend, as well as mine. To the best of my knowledge, Crackers was the last hound living who actually sniffed, in pawson, with Feyfey...and with me. Feyfey went to the bridge Howloween 2003, and had her Bawkmitzvah a few months before. That was the first time she met young Crackers. He celebrated with a play for the food on the counter and demonstrated his well honed talent for catching treats.

Over the years, Crackers amused all of my predecessors. Including the ones who left before I was born. He sniffed with Woo <*>, he conspired with Sydney B. and shared notes with Newman. He knew my dear Auntie Taco WOOF Bell and my beloved Momcakes. All of whom shared many a social event with him. Rusty and I have been honored to know him the last almost 7 years. He was the last bridge to all the houndies who came before us.....and we are no spring chickies! Crackers entertained us all. He climbed on tables. He got really skinny for a while, which allowed him to levitate even better! Crackers was pawsitively airborn at one Ramble. Auntie Donna had brought fancy cheesecakes and thought putting them on the counter by the sink was houndie safe. From the rest of us.....yes. From Crackers, no. I saw him in Michigan, he was still eager to sit on the chairs, laps or table. Wherever there were treats. (Don't tell Auntie Kathy.) He was fun. His passing is the end of an era in houndage. He was such a sweet guy. I know Auntie Carol is a little concerned that Feyfey won't be able to tell him from her Sammy who recently arrived. Auntie Feyfey is on it. She pawsonally knows the sniff of Crackers.

Auntie Feyfey, pawsonally, escorted Crackers to the buffet, where he was greeted by his pack, Spanky, Sonny, Elwood and Jordan. I sniffed them. They have introduced him to some houndies who used to live in his house, but I did not sniff them. (My humans petted Buster, once.) My pack came next, then Queen XB, and Elvis, and Kelly and Sam and Biscuit and Rugie and Moosie and Daisy and Maxwell and, well, more nice houndies than I can count noses of. The kitchen beagles out did themselves, and put everything out in big white boxes! Standing roast, yorkshire pudding, biscuits (no, not you, Biscuit, the kind we eat.), platters of cheese .....all followed by meatloaf cake and cheesecakes. Auntie Feyfey has a suspicion that Scooter set the menu and then Bona ordered out.....but in any event, the repast was spectacular.

Caruso has the telescope ready for Crackers to check on Auntie Kathy. He is busy woofin news of home.

Crackers, thank you for being my last link to Auntie Feyfey.

Pawtunia