[Dailydrool] Bugsey

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jul 4 03:00:57 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I am really trying not to leave everyone in suspense. The problem is I
don't have the full results in yet. Here is what I know: Bugsey does not
have cancer. He does not have a huge amount of arthritic changes.The guess
of the surgeon who did the CT-Scan who keeps reminding me that he is not a
dentist and he is not a radiologist is that it is a disc problem.I am not a
vet or a radiologist or a dentist, but that is what I was guessing as well
because I had to have disc surgery on both sides of my TMJ back in 1994. I
did have significant arthritic changes in my jaw. I am waiting to hear from
the dentist/oral surgeon. Am I willing to do surgery. I have no idea. If we
weren't even willing to entertain the thought at all, we wouldn't have
spent the money on the CT-scan. But, it is not a fun surgery to do and it
is full of risks. To clarify. Bugsey does have severe difficulty eating,
but he is not losing any weight. He is eating Honest Kitchen mixed up to
slop consistency. So he is able to get nutrition. The big consern is his
jaw is locking open when he yawns. He has figured out how to unlock it, but
as time goes on it will degenerate and he may not be able to do that any
more. When mine locked, it locked closed and would open 4mm. Then insurance
dinked around for a year. Fortunately dog insurance doesn't work the same
way. Anyway, we could still use some prayers, but at least he doesn't haave
the big C.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess