[Dailydrool] Bugsey

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 22 02:48:49 PDT 2016

Bugsey had to have 4 gingival nodes removed and sent off for biopsy. That
is the only scary part. He had horrible tartar under the gum line on the
canines and the incisors. They removed all of that and used a sealant on
them. He exhibited quite a bit of pain under anesthesia when they messed
with those teeth. Now we just have to hope the nodes were caused by
inflammation and are not tumors. The sealant they used will tighten up the
teeth. There is an antibiotic in it. Because Bugsey is prone to periodontal
disease as are most bassets, he will now have to go see the dentist every 6
months. Like us he will be checked out and have tartar removed each time
and will get xrays every other time.Just in case any of you are interested,
the dentist recommends C.E.T. toothpaste, which is what I have been using
every day. Oravet oral chews. I just bought a box. And Essential Healthy
Mouth Water Additive. I just bought that on line as well as the gel. I am
going to use the gel on Bugsey's teeth as well. Bugsey is on a soft diet
for two more weeks and no teeth brushing or chews for two weeks because of
the sealant. We have to pray that the biopsies are inflamammation and not
the C word. I won't know for 10 to 14 days. They cut his nails back nice
and short for me. The dad was not impressed. He said for $2000 they should
be nice and sort. I am just grateful we found the problem and it only took
a cleaning to fix the problem. I really don't suspect cancer because it was
in three very different spots. I am still praying though.

Now I get to try to find new chew toys because the dental vet is very
against nylabones and Beauford already has a fractured tooth.

Meanwhile we are praying and sending drool for Mr. Bisket.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey(with a very sore mouth) and, Browyn the
fairy Princess