[Dailydrool] Crying in the kitchen

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 6 09:21:46 PDT 2016

I was busy upstairs when I heard a scrabbling in the kitchen - sort-of like nails on a cabinet door.
Then, I heard crying, well whimpering really, so I rushed downstairs to find out what had happened. I was confronted by an abashed and guilty Clara, who had clearly been trying to steal nectarines off the draining board. It was sad to see she could no longer snag them.
It reminded me, that where she might grab the occasional illegal treat now, my master criminal, Rolph, can no longer launch on his hind legs. I never thought I would be sad to know my dinner, bread and yoghurt pots would be safe.
Anyway, I reminded Clara, the last time she stole a nectarine, it cost me £600 when it blocked her backside and she had to spend the night at the vet (luckily passing it naturally) after having been very ill for three days while I also had a child very sick in hospital. She says she doesn't remember that, but she would love some nectarines, please.
Maybe later.... without the pitt.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK