[Dailydrool] Coup d'etat in Hawaii

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 19 14:01:38 PDT 2016

My husband and I went off island for five days to see a one man show by my artist son on Oahu. Our regular in-home dog sitter was unavailable, so we boarded the dogs at a nearby ranch boarding facility, Lucky D Kennels. LUcky D is unique in that it offers free-standing "suites" for multiple dog families. these are terrific. there is a "tiny house" (the size of a very large garden shed, big enough to fit a sofa and table) inside a fully fenced, grassy plot about 30 ft. By 20 ft.   DOg beds are in the tiny house, and the private yards are for running and playing. there are maybe ten of these separate tiny house-tiny yard encampments on the ranch. It could easily be a summer camp for children or temporary housing for the homeless. the kennel is family run and all dogs get individual walks in addition to their own yards. IT is a nice place, though I am sure the dogs would have preferred to stay home.

Anyway, without us--the human leaders of our little household country--Ipo, the pitbull-heeler staged a coup, toppling Princess Mariah as head of the pack. apparently this was accomplished by one uprising, quashed by the kennel staff. before it got really out of hand. Now all is peaceful again. But at home Mariah now defers to Ipo.  Interesting.

Val of Hawaii, Mila (I stayed neutral), Ipo (I'm in charge now), and Mariah (Maybe you could start trying to get Ipo adopted by someone else again, mom?)