[Dailydrool] Chortle, dance, NOW!

Mr Shannon R Gerdel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 2 10:49:30 PDT 2016

Hello,

A fellow Drooler posted a video on her Facebook page that brought me to
tears, in a good way.

Someone said that one of her six Hounds sounded like a wookie, from Star
Wars.  I've never heard another Basset Hound make that kind of noise! If I
had heard Baxter and not seen him, I'd have sworn it was my Babers.

I called the noise she made a "chortle" lol. Usually, between 30-45 minutes
before each meal, especially dinner time. Babe would start to chortle like
that, and dance, as if she needed out. Didn't take DDOD (Dat Dum Ol Dad)
that long to figure out that she didn't want out, at least not out to go
potty. Babers only wanted out because she thought that I'd have dinner for
her majesty on the floor when she came back in.

In her usual fashion, every now and again was a surprise. I let her and Boo
back in one day, and not long afterward, she started to chortle and dance.
I matter of factly told her highness that I was NOT getting back up to let
her out again. At which point, she did it. She squatted right in front of
me and peed on the carpet.....(it's making me smile now, then, not so much)

I didn't get mad at her if course, even though she had this look on her
face as if to say "I told you I wanted OUT, now!!) I could often be heard
mumbling the following in any random order repeatedly... "yes ma'am, okay
ma'am, right away ma'am, anything you say maam" under my breathe. I miss
her. My sweet, sweet girl.

Hope that you are all well, and that none of you are under water. If you
come to Wyoming, look me up. Fletcher and I would to see you!

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew!

Wots of Drool and love to those that need it!
Yours in Dwool,
Fletcher
Boomer ATB
Babe ATB
"awful awnry" Arnie ATB
Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Shannon R Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604-4316