[Dailydrool] bassets and other dogs

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 3 13:16:38 PDT 2016

My pack escaped yesterday. I noticed the gate was standing open after the cleaners left, and there were no dogs to be found. So, first, I called out names, and up the street to me comes running our pit mix hunting dog, smiling, sits at my feet, "At your service, mom".  I let her into the yard. No bassets. I set out in the direction from which Ipo had come, calling out the bassets' names, and found the basset girls down about a block, sniffing in a neighbor's yard. When I called again, Mila came running up from the yard, sat at my feet, wagging her tail,  "Hi mom, you found us. Oops. I'll come now".   Mariah, on the other hand, stayed put,  looked up, wagging her tail, and seemed to say, instead,  "Hi mom, wanna join us on our walkabout?" WHo is in charge here, I wonder. (though, in fairness, then Mariah came running up too and we ll walked home together.)  Val of Hawaii vlbzwick at yahoo.com