[Dailydrool] Miss Merta Lou reports

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 5 14:04:27 PDT 2016

​It is I Miss Merta Lou Professional Lady Basset here to report that I have
at long last perfected PER FEC TED MY Totally Pathetic Stare.
I mean heavens, it was good before but now....
Example:
I go out. I turn right around and sit at the door and say (this is
important. Do not bark.) I say
"eep"
That's all. Then stare at the door.
Think about the first night you ever spent away from home.Remember how
scary it was? How dark without the lightness of your Mother? The funny
smells, the strange noises? Be sure to think of these things. When you feel
your eyes filling, say
"eeparoo" very softly and stare at the door. This time someone is likely to
be at the door by now.
Keep your nose down and just roll your eyes up to their face. Your
tear-filled eyes.

It works. Trust me. The world is your treat, your steak, whatever you want.
Try it when they are fixing dinner for themselves. Trust me. Stare at them
when they ask you to get in your crate at night. Peer at them as they turn
to close the door and leave you at home.
Follow Miss Merta Lou's instructions and the world is YOURS!

Love an polite air-kisses
Miss Merta Lou Professional Lady Basset

bgszap2 at gmail.com