[Dailydrool] ATB

Mary Marshall via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 5 14:07:50 PDT 2016

 It is with a very heavy heart that I had to send my sweet lovable Buddy, the one who taught me what a basset does to be naughty, to the bridge last night. He was diagnosed with lymphoma in March, but due to age and other factors the treatment of choice was prednisone. He was doing fairly well, except for some breathing problems, until last night. He ate dinner abut 5:00, but when we went outside, I noticed he had a bit of trouble getting up the steps. About 9:00 he came in from outside and laid down. When I offered him a biscuit, he wouldn't take it. So I knew the time was here. We go to the emergency vet and they sent him to the bridge.Even with a herd of seven left, there is a big void in the household today. Buddy was a rescue, coming from a rescue group here in El Paso. He came when he was one year old.  He is the only one that I knew when his birthday was. Everyone else here has to rely on a gottca day. He was an unofficial OEBE. He would dig his way out of the yard any time he wanted to and take everyone else with him. When I stopped that he learned to climb over the fence. Didn't know it was possible, but I saw him do it. He could get things out of the sink, and the trash can was never safe. That is why empty cans sit in the window sill until trash day. He was part vegetarian. Loved carrots, raw potatoes, broccoli and anything else like that. He would turn his nose up at bananas. Anything else he would eat. He may have gone to the bridge, but he did take a big chunk of my heart with him. Run pain free my sweet boy.Terry Marshall Home of the rio trio.terrymarshall33 at att.bet