[Dailydrool] a tale of tails, hopefully not too long

Jacquelynn Chazey via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 10 07:18:04 PDT 2016

A dear friend's basset passed two days ago, and it is if one of my own is
gone.

Makes me reflect on the joy of my hounds.

In the year 2000, my beloved Fred basset passed.

In his loss, I slept late in bed, never wanting another pet, let alone
another dog.

Mom insisted I take her to North Shore Animal League one October morning,
about a month after Fred passed,  Dad was still with us, so he came too,
but he was very ill.

Low and behold there was tiny Pumpkin, still in grooming, just arrived that
day from  TN.  They said she was 8 weeks and a mix, but she was more like
six weeks and pure.

Holy crap, that Pumpkin did me in good.

Dad passed 2001. Mom went nuts, demential, etc, filled the house with
hounds, and I still have five, and I am the  devoted slave.  Pierre jr. is
on me, and I would not want it any other way,

except, today, I really wanted to sleep late in bed.

I forget all that when they are all around me with their  precious faces
and devotion.

Nigel and Colette celebrate 13 tomorrow.  Jellybean was thirteen in March,
and sadly she is in palliative care due to mast cell cancer.  Nikki is 9
and has issues, and my baby boy Jr. is 7 and he was diagnosed with an
enlarged spleen and chirrosis two years ago.

My heart is in my throat every minute of every day.  I cared for Mom in
home hospice for 10 months, she was bed bound none verbal for 3 years, but
oddly, when the ambulate brought her home, she had one sentence for me….
she yelled  "cut the stuff".  I think she had another "s" word in mind,

I know you all love your hounds.

God Bless,

Jackie