[Dailydrool] UTI and not UTI

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 10 14:26:30 PDT 2016

Miss MacKenzie has had a few nasty UTI's over the years.  All have been
treatable, but we don't even realize she has one until we have accidents in
the house.  Usually she's trying to make it out the dog door and we find a
puddle in the laundry room.  We took her to the vet and sure thing, she's
got another one.
After a few days on antibiotics we found a puddle in the hall way.  Then my
husband catches Guinness in the act.  Boys getting a UTI is not as common,
but I take him to the vet, anyway.  He does not like to be taken from his
pack.  He is not used to my car.  All the way to the vet, thankfully a
distance of only about a mile and a half, he's howling.  I mean HOWLING.  I
expected to be pulled over for dog abuse.
He's a well known character at the vets.  He was last there a month or so
ago getting his teeth cleaned.  He introduced himself to the staff, greeted
every person and their dog and was just a bundle of cuteness in the waiting
room.  One lady used to have a Basset and was delighted to meet him.  We
finally get into the office and they ask the usual questions and then take
him to get a "sample".  A short time later the vet and her assistant come
in and tell me it was the cleanest pee sample ever.  No sign of infection.
We figure he just saw MacKenzie peeing in the house and thought it was
acceptable behavior.  So, much easier in the heat, don't you know.
Tomorrow will be spent with the carpet cleaner and floor cleaner both
filled with KOE mixture to rid the scent of "OK to pee here" poo-foom.
SIGH.  $150 to find out he just likes to pee inside.  As I'm leaving the
vet office, I hear a young woman say, "Is that Guinness I hear?"  She works
at the groomers and began to tell Guinness stories.