[Dailydrool] Peeing inside

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jun 11 17:12:21 PDT 2016

When we had Holly, she could not help peeing in the house because she
had Cushing's. Partway through our time with her, we got Horton, who was
only a year old and not perfect on peeing outdoors.

As long as we had Holly, Horton tended to pee in the house. When we lost
her to cancer, he began to improve. Over a year later, he seems to have
gotten the idea (as long as I take him out quickly, when he asks to go).

I do not think it's uncommon for some hounds to get lazy if another dog
has accidents. However, Dexter has been a rock, never having accidents,
despite other dogs' failures. In my experience some dogs are just more
prone to accidents. Jane took nine months to learn her pottying habits
and only once in the next thirteen years had an accident. Dex is just
like her. But other of my hounds have been less than perfect in this
regard.

Do what you can to make it easy for your hounds to do it right, but
don't go ballistic if they fail. More pressure is unlikely to help.
KOE is the best option for cleaning up.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets