[Dailydrool] Merta Lou's problem

Vikki Grauf via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jun 14 15:18:34 PDT 2016

I don't know if this would be of any help, but am going to post it anyways.
Many years, I had two through breed dachshunds. A male and a female, and he was extremely attached to her. I knew Sonja would go into season at some point, and spoke the vet about it. I wanted to breed them someday, but not at the moment.
He told me dogs react to the females estrus by smell, and gave me some pills to give her that would take the smell away. It totally worked - no puppies.
I don't know if the vet's still do this or not. Just my two cents.
In any event, I hope it all goes well for you. Kindest regards, Vikki