[Dailydrool] grieving our friends

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 30 15:12:39 PDT 2016

I really appreciate the way the Daily Drool acts as a resource extraordinaire for all-things-Basset-and-Beyond. The recent posts on the way different Droolers have handled the grieving process are quite beautiful. We create montages of pictures and loved items of our departed family member, and I often stop in front of them and remember that particular dog in detail. I know that I will carry each and every one of them with me in memory throughout my life, but I do miss their physical presence so much! The feel of their fur, their particular scent, the sound of their woofle, their little idiosyncrasies. It's a privilege to share such a bond with a member of another species. Our grieving is a way that we honor this wonderful bond.

Lois Leader, Bobo (Basset) ATB, Strider (GSD) ATB, Zar (Newfie) ATB, Misty (Aussie Cattle Dog) ATB, Scout the Lab and Dobby the House Elf (we have no idea what he is; he just looks like Dobby in the Harry Potter movies.)
lois.leader at cox.net