[Dailydrool] Eating things

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 1 04:39:58 PST 2016

I think bassets will just eat anything they can. It doesn't have to be
because they are hungery. It isn't a deficiency in their diet. They will
eat sticks, rocks, kleenex, and rugs. This is why if you look up insurance
rates for bassets you have to pay more than certain other breeds. They are
terrible about eating "inappropriate non food items". That is what they
called it when my Elwood ATB ate carpet and had to have three surgeries and
almost died.

This is why I keep hydrogen peroxide, gas x and cerenia in the dog first
aid box.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com