[Dailydrool] Oh boy Jimmy is in trouble

Vanessa Engquist via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 3 13:52:56 PST 2016

Hello all
So I've been reading about your pups eating everything and it brings things into perspective. Jimmy recently developed this habit of eating through the wall to get to the trash. I fixed the wall and moved the trash, and he ate through the wall again. My dilemma is that Jimmy NEVER chewed or ate anything he wasn't supposed to eat his entire life, until now. Because of this I have never had to crate him, nor do I even own a crate for him. The one time he was crated was when I was out of town for training and he howled for 9 hours straight. He has always had the run of the house, and in his old age I even put my bed on the floor so he could still get in bed, now im at a loss as to what to do with him. Why is he eating the wall!?! Help please! Just to remind you all, jimmy is 13.5 years old, deaf and almost completely blind but has passed all of his tests at the vet. No cushings or cancer, actually his blood work cam back healthier than a puppy according to the vet. He has a auto feeder and water bowl and bones, toys, and animal planet on the tv. Not sure why I leave the tv on anymore, just habit I guess, he doesn't hear it anymore.

Thank you,
Vanessa, Jimmy, Swyper the puggle