[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Mar 6 12:36:56 PST 2016

Oh Merta Lou! We had not heard that you were having surgery again! Toby &
the Houndettes are slinging buckets of get well drool in your direction for
quick healing.

I love bribery. I bribe the hounds quite often and I'm not ashamed to say I
was known to bribe my two leggers on occasion when that option seemed more
reasonable than the battle that would happen without the bribe. I must say
it has been successful for all of my children, human and four legged. At
least all the two leggers are grown, haven't landed in jail and are now
bribing their own two and four leggers!

Things were quiet here for a couple of months. Ginger had multiple cysts
removed in December and looked like frankenhound for a long time. She was
getting us up in the night quite often until we figured out she was getting
cold with all the fur she'd had shaved off. Once we put a coat on her at
night, she slept all night long like usual. Then a couple weeks ago we had
a small ice storm here. Nothing horrendous but enough ice to make the back
yard kind of slippery. Suzy must have twisted wrong because she started
having trouble on the stairs and was generally uncomfortable. Fortunately
she is much improved with anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers and rest.

My daughter got a puppy a few months ago and Toby just loves this boy!
Finally he has someone to play and race with. My girls are all seniors now
and will play but not for as long as he would like and they certainly won't
race with him. Needless to say, the Houndettes let him know in no uncertain
terms when they've had enough. Ironically, Kramer (the puppy) has lots more
stamina than Toby does so Toby ends up yelling at him when he's had enough!
He's learned how from the best I guess.

The hounds send heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
janewhay at gmail.com