[Dailydrool] Chicken Jerky

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 8 17:42:34 PST 2016

In response to Richie's post. I make all my own jerky. I use the electric knife to slice my chicken, I usually try to slice it partially frozen and also try to make it 1/4 inch thick. If the strips are thicker it takes longer to dry.
To season I use soy sauce and let them soak overnight. The dehydrator I use is ancient cheap plastic one. I usually dry about 24 hours. I flip them half way thru, if they aren't dry I just dry longer.
My girls love them. Maggie sits there and waits for them, starts wooing on the morning they should be done. I was lucky enough a while ago to find chicken breast for 1.49 lb which I bought several pounds.

Nancy slave to Maggie. Bailey, Mabel and Daisy
thepamperedpets at comcast.net

‎"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss‎