[Dailydrool] Intimidation Tactics

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Mar 12 04:00:23 PST 2016

I wish I wasn't familiar with them. My first basset, Bubbles ATB, was very
good about expressing her displeasure.You never thought she was going to
bite, but she would get right in your face and bellow. She hated to go to
bed. She is the one we started feeding after last outs because otherwise we
could never get her in the house again. So when we would get her to go out
before she ate, she would stand up on the recliner or couch and bellow in
your face, Then she would go. IF she knew she was getting a nail trim or a
bath, she would bellow in our face.

Bismark would air bite if you touched something that hurt. He also went
balistic if tall dogs stood over him. He never actually bit anyone (human
or dog) but it sounded bad.

Bugsey turns around and barks at us if he is barking at the fence and we
tell him he has to come inside and we touch his neck. He hasnt actually
tried to bite. I do not appreciate this behaviour. So I have started
rewarding him when he comes im quickly and efficiently without a fuss. I
don't make a big scene, but I am NOT going to reward him for barking at me.
I think it is sort of working. He is barking at me less often, but he is
barking at Tim more. I thinkit is because Tim doesn't think he should be
rewarded for barking. I am NOT rewarding him for barking. I am rewarding
him for not barking and coming in quickly and efficiently when I call him.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess