[Dailydrool] Back again. Daily drool quilt.

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 17 00:26:57 PDT 2016

Hi again,
  I'm back. It is Mariah the MarUdah of Hawaii.
  The Daily Drool Basset Hound quilt. Remember? The quilt started by the episode of the purloined panties (that I personally purloined, and Pawtunia and Snoopy's mom auctioned?)
  And that then at least a half dozen droolers sent squares to complete. mOm will post names later. What a treasure trove--24 squares in total.
  Well, Mom finished putting it all together and it is fantastic--a queen size bed quilt that is fabulous. At the moment it is at a long-arm quilter friend's of mom's being quilted and she is very good). We expect it to be done by April.
  So that's it for now. Soon mom will need some help. The plan is to raffle or auction it to raise money for the rescue of the winner's choice (including Debbie's Dawgs as a rescue). So, raffle or auction?  Feedback please. Generally raffles raise more money but the chances of winning are less.
  And how does one do such a thing?  Mom was thinking that if a rescue with a Facebook page, where she thinks raffles might be legal but maybe not (Sr. Houndsabound just did one) was willing to "sponsor" the raffle in exchange for 10% of the proceeds no matter which rescue the winner chose, that might work. wOuld it? Wen?
  Anyway, can't wait to pass along more details. This is one super bed quilt with squares by Kathy Dropp, Daria Emma, Sharon Wilder, Mary Wilson, Jim Slagel, Debra Jones, Pam McQuade, Val Brewer, and oh dear, more people I know but I don't have the list right in front of me just now--apologies--.
  Let's start deciding about what nexts, though we still have a month to go. And I challenge you to identify the purloined panties square--hee hee. mAriah the maraudah of Hawaii vlbzwick at yahoo.com