[Dailydrool] Does anyone know of a rescue in New Zealand or Australia?

Kimlynne Slagel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 16 22:12:08 PDT 2016

Hello Droolers, I'm counting on someone out there with this information.  I
was contacted by the Animal Casting Director of Hawaii requesting my two
bassets audition for a film that's being shot in Hawaii, New Zealand,
Australia and Hong Kong.  We have very few basset hounds in Hawaii and even
fewer that can fly in and out of Hawaii without going through quarantine.
So, she's decided to buy/adopt a hound from NZ or Australia and train them
there before the shoot.  Does anyone know of a rescue shelter she can visit
to "scout out" a possible future movie star?  She's very good with animals
and would never allow the basset to be mistreated on the set.  They would
fly safely using airlines equipped to fly animals.  If she can't find a
shelter, she will buy a basset from one of the breeders in New Zealand or
Australia.  I'm hoping she can rescue an adult basset.

Kim
Mother of Odell and Hastings