[Dailydrool] Chris, quilt raffle, fundraisers

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Mar 27 00:24:32 PDT 2016

Aloha all.
  I am typing with my left hand as Miss Mariah is under mt right hand nudging it for pets and screwing up mt typing. Bear with me.
  Thr Daily Drool Quilt will not go up for raffle until May. (iT is still at the long-arm quilter's and then I will need to bind it).  It is in line for debut after a quilt fundraiser from Debbie!s Dawgs for a quilt by Kathi Lockhart to go up for raffle in April. I hear that Kathi's quilt is to die for, but have not seen photos yet.  And, of course, the DD quilt by eight droolers is also the famed purloined panties quilt so it is an heirloom for sure. The thing on quilts (in my opinion) is that noone ever has enough of them come holidays when relatives descend. (I have enough artwork, but when my kids and sibs and their significant others descend, at two quilts per bed, there's still a demand--so quilts are always a sure bet here, not to mention as gifts).  But quilts vs. quilts is totally different than quilts vs. totally different priceless treasures. You might not need a quilt but might need something else wonderful.
  I think more than one fundraiser can run at once and all be successful, especially if the objects being sold/raffled are different from one another. So, I'd  say, go, Chris, with the necklaces. nEcklaces and quilts are enough different that they won't attract the same bidders.
  I really  applaud so many different droolers with so many different fundraising ideas. It is better than )holiday shopping! Hey, I won a leather motorcycle jacket for my bike-riding 28 year old son. I won a raffle. Woo hoo.  It doesn't get any better than that!!
 there are so many rescues in need -- certainLy more than 12 if there was one fundraiser a month. Heck, there are 50 states! So I see no problem with overlapping fundraisers so long as they are not all trying to seduce droolers with very similar wares.  sOme folks will participate to support particular rescues. oThers will participate to both support the rescue and take a chance on something they'd really like to have. Many of the raffle items are fabulous and available nowhere else. I wish we were all rich and could pour funds into every single rescue.  But since most of us are not, it is fun to have such a variety of enticements to spur our good hearts to root for this or that rescue.
  So, my conclusion is the more the merrier.
 Love you all. Val of Hawaii with Mila and Mariah (who just demolished my leather sandals--that'll teach me to be away a whole day teaching a class!) vlbzwick@ yahoo.com