[Dailydrool] Wagon suggestions for injured elderly basset

melissa gibson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 29 15:59:19 PDT 2016

My old man Abe has been having lots of back pain associated with IVDD. He is on crate rest for the next month which is really hard for both of us. He takes previcox and tramadol and at our latest trip to the emergency vet they added gabapentin. He has not completely lost the use of his back legs but they are very weak, like rubber and he knuckles over alot. I have two dogs, Abe and Buster (ages 12 and 11) Buster is go go go and Abe is slow and leisurely on walks so they are already a handful but I have known for years Abe's wagon days would be coming. So any suggestions on good wagons for my love Abe to ride in possible that have a fold down ramp to get him in. He is getting fatter with less exercise and more kongs in the crate.
Any other advice on dealing with IVDD, crate rest etc. would be welcomed. Even though he is in a crate the majority of the time he makes the most of those few minutes of freedom. He is a freak for his food and dances around and runs and wipes out where his legs go out from under him which is probably how we got here in the first place. Love my crazy monkey Abe and am not ready to give uo his quality of life. Thanks.

MelissaAbe and Buster