[Dailydrool] Houseguest!

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 31 16:25:26 PDT 2016

This is Mariah. Whee. We have another houseguest today, but this one isn't staying very long, we don't think (we hope). Mom picked up a dog that was playing in traffic this morning and (nearly got smushed by a big truck) and brought her home for Mila and me to play with.  Mom says the new girl looks like a boxer-ridgeback or pitbull-ridgeback mix.  She has a microchip registered to the Humane Society and mom has already contacted them. The Humane Society in turn left a message on our guest's mom's phone to say that the dog is over at our house, all fenced in, and waiting to be claimed. The Humane Society isn't allowed to give us her owner's name, address, or phone number, though, just the other way around.  wHich feels silly, since my mom could simply take her home, but those are the rules. Thsy did tell us her name. Our visitor's name is "Blossom". The surprising part is that Blossom is a tall dog and I actually like her. I tend to be afraid of tall dogs, but Blossom is quite timid (and young, mom thinks)' so I have been playing with her all morning. mIla doesn't much like her. Blossom  has been here maybe five hours since the message for her owners was left,  so mom is guessing her people are at work and don't know she is missing yet. Mom has to go out later, so I bet Blossom gets to stay til later tonight. aNyway I'm writing to say both, "Yay for microchips", and "Yay for me for not being afraid of the tall dog". Mariah of Hawaii vlbzwick at yahoo.com