[Dailydrool] Chicken tenders

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 8 15:40:23 PST 2016

The Dashing Bassets love the dehydrated chickie their mama periodically
makes for them. Start with partly frozen chickie. (This will make it
easier to slice.) Cut in quarter-inch slices and let the chickie defrost
in the refrigerator.

Follow dehydrator directions for making jerky. After it is fully dry, my
dehydrator has you cook the chicken in the oven for a few minutes, to
make sure there is no bacteria or whatever left in the chicken. I was
happy to see this, since I have always worried about safety when it
comes to meat.

I bought a Presto 06301 dehydrator and love it. If you decide to buy
your own, check out the prices online. They tend to vary a lot,
depending on where you buy it. If you can get free shipping, all the
better.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets