[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 29 09:53:19 PDT 2016

The hounds are in full drool production for Bailey. Shadow had surgery for
a ruptured disc a little over a year ago and has recovered beautifully. We
are all wishing for the same outcome for Bailey. We did exactly what they
told us to do....limited her mobility (we set up an xpen in our family room
and she lived in that for ten weeks), kept her on a leash and walked with
her when she went out to do her business, used the belly support for weeks
till her legs started supporting her and even some after that... really
followed what they told us to do to the letter and we've had an excellent
outcome. Shadow is able to go for short walks at this point but we have
found that she starts dragging her feet if we go too far. We won't complain
because we are so grateful that she's able to walk at all!

Jersey used to have terrible breath when her anal glands needed some
attention. Her teeth were fine so I knew it was time to have them expressed
when her breath was foul. Just a thought if your hound's teeth are ok.

Bev, I think Merta Lou trusts you so much that she thinks you would never
even think about stepping on her! Toby is the same way. Every day he lays
on the bath mat outside of the tub while I shower and I have to dance
around him when I get out. Well, the other day I almost fell on top of him.
He never even flinched! I know this boy knows that I would never do
anything to hurt him and has complete trust in me and she feels the same
way about you. Let me know how you figure out how to make her move because
I have the same problem.

Get well and heart healing drool is being slung to all in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger