[Dailydrool] UPDATE

Vanessa Engquist via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 6 14:18:58 PDT 2016

I wants to make sure I got on here and let everyone know that I did get their help, and advice and to let everyone know how Jimmy is. The vet has run all the tests and he assures me it is not Cushings. We have jimmy on a pill used for calming, I call it his calm the heck down pill. I only use it when I know I will be gone for more than an hour. I completely rearranged my house and kitchen moving everything that might be edible to a secure area so he isnt tempted to destroy walls or doors. I fixed the cabinet he broke, and the wall he ate. He does have a companion, we own another dog, he is a 4 year old puggle, and hes sometimes very good to Jimmy, and other times he pees on Jimmy, so they are together when I am gone. I changed his feeding schedule and am now feeding him 3 times a day and adding peanut butter to his afternoon meal, this seems to be helping, and hes okay weight wise to take on a few extra calories. Now that it is warmer out we have been going to the park and watching deer a lot, and my Jimmy just loves to lay in the grass sunning his belly, he may be old and senile but sometimes I see that puppy I saved so many years ago! Thank you everyone for all of the help and advise and well wishes. Im worried that my days with my boy are winding down but that just makes me more determined to give him the best life possible. There will be many, many Jeep rides in the sun this summer, top down and drool on blast! If you are behind us, get your wipers ready!

Vanessa and Jimmy the hound