[Dailydrool] Oh dear, I'm getting attached

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 6 19:17:59 PDT 2016

oH dear, I'm getting attached. The foster pit mixes came to us on April 1 . The livelier of the two turned our house upside down until she was adopted a week ago. The terrified one has been no trouble, and is slowly warming up to us. After five weeks, she played with the bassets for the first time yesterday. She has just started wagging her tail and coming to my husband and I when we come in instead of running for her life. I have been bathing her twice a week and applying salves and benedryl for her stress induced hives. Now I am fiercely protective of her and most homes are not going to meet my standards and I am not sure, for her sake, I can turn her away. And yet we really are suited for two bassets, whom we like to take places with us (and Ipo is too terrified to go to new places), take walking (Ipo is too scared, but doesn't want to be left alone either). It would be best if we could find her the PERFECT home very soon, or I fear it will be too late. How does one avoid being a foster failure when you have the dog's feelings in your own heart? (Serious not rhetorical question, I need help). Val of Hawaii with Mila and Mariah and Ipo the foster fraidy-cat pit