[Dailydrool] Barfing, for whatever reason.

Vanessa Engquist via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 13 14:19:00 PDT 2016

So I've only half read the barfing posts and wanted to share my experience. When jimmy gets mad at me because he feels he should have eaten more than he actually did, he will puke up stomach acid in the middle of the night, right where I step, so gross. He can almost do it on command, its so weird. At first I thought something was wrong with him, so the vet had me document it, collect samples of it and bring it in. Turns out Jimmy the hound was just being naughty! He has done it his entire life!
Swyper, my puggle, got into a bit of trouble a few years ago and I had to make him vomit. I had just had arm surgery and was getting a pain pill, and knocked the bottle over. Well here comes swyper from the other room, like a friggin puppy ninja before I could get out of the chair. We weren't sure if he got anything so we went for the peroxide and nothing, after 3 or 4 tries I called the vet and he says, take some table salt and toss it on the back of his tongue, but watch out. Of course I heard everything but the watch out part, did you know table salt on the back of the tongue will make a dog puke almost instantly? No? Me either! Well it turned out the poor guy didn't get anything, and we made him puke for nothing, but at least we knew, and I felt so bad. Poor guy wouldn't come near me for days!

Vanessa, Jimmy the hound and Swyper