[Dailydrool] Fairy princesses

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon May 23 09:35:05 PDT 2016

I'm not certain, but I think our Alexis was the first Drool fairy
princess. Alexis came to us when she was nine, from a home she should
never have been in. Hers was a rough start, and she needed a lot of
medical help is all I'll say. But she always loved her original people
who gave her very inadequate medical care.

When she came to us, she was an arthritic senior, but she still had the
most graceful walk I've ever seen in a basset. Coming to us, she went
from living like a peasant to being treated like a princess. One day my
husband called her a fairy princess, though he later admitted he
probably meant a fairy-tale princess. But somehow fairy princess suited
Lex, so the name stuck. She had the deepest howl I have ever heard in a
basset. You'd have thought she was a mastiff when she let loose, as she
did every time we drove our car into the driveway. Though she left us
many years ago, I still miss her.

Browyn, however, is a different kind of fairy princess. I guess they all
have their own personality. While Lex was definitely a lady, Browyn is
more the tomboy side of fairy princessdom. But all fairy princesses live
an utterly spoiled life.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets