[Dailydrool] Ellie - score!

Sabrina Nicholls via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 26 16:35:34 PDT 2016

Yesterday, I went to an afternoon social event. When I got home, I had a
lot of stuff to carry to the house so I loaded a little wagon with my
boxes and bags, leftover blueberry lemon bundt cake, my book, water,
purse, etc. I pulled the wagon to the front door then I unlocked the
door, greeted the dogs, and got them a cookie. I gave Gumbo his cookie,
but I couldn't find Ellie. I called "Ellie, cookie" but she didn't
respond. She was outside with her head in the wagon eating the cake.

Ellie has been a very expensive roommate. She's 10 and has bad teeth. I
took her for anesthesia free dental but was told she needed anesthesia.
I didn't want her to lose a lot of teeth at the hands of the vet tech,
so I made an appointment with the veterinary dentist. Ellie has gum
disease. All on her upper teeth! Her lower teeth were fine. After being
anesthetized, they took x-rays then came to explain what they proposed
to do (and the bill). She had some teeth pulled but others they were
able to save others by cleaning out decayed areas, injecting synthetic
bone, and doing some creative stitching. She came home with two
painkillers and antibiotics, and after a week she was feeling terrific.
It was very expensive ($$$$$), but of course she's worth it. She's
feeling great now and is so active, you'd never guess she's ten.

Sabrina, Ellie, and Gumbo