[Dailydrool] Foster Failures

Elizabeth via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun May 8 18:08:04 PDT 2016

Young Charlie Basset came to us as a foster, but after only a couple of weeks I realized he fit in with us so well I couldn’t bear to let him go. And so I didn’t. But as I reckon it, that makes ME the foster failure, not Charlie. Charlie failed at nothing because there wasn’t anything he was trying to accomplish beyond enjoying being with us, something he succeeded beautifully at doing. I was the one who failed because I didn’t see the foster experience through to a forever home that wasn’t my own. As failures go, it’s been the best I’ve ever had and one I’ve never regretted. So when people start calling Charlie a foster failure, I correct them and say it’s me who did the failing.

Elizabeth
linktolindsey at gmail.com