[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Nov 1 04:45:12 PDT 2016

​of MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset.

Well.
It is certainly About Time.

The MotherPerson had run off again.
Do not mistake me: the FatherPerson is excellent fun. He is much more
considerate than his counterpart and does not put us in our crates nearly
as often or for as long as SHE does.
He gives more treats and more frequently and for more things like coming
into the house and running between his legs when he tries to walk and for
leaping on him if he moves.We have learned that when he stands up chances
are good we can pummel-----ah--love him into handing out treats so one of
us is constantly on Guard, as it were.

The MotherPerson just moves us out of the way.
Nevertheless she lends a certain Something to our lives that we miss when
she is not here and this time Mr.Doc became VERY upset at her absence and
began to panic and hyperventilate and cling to everyone in his concern.

I do not know where she went this time but she returned Sunday smelling of
strange dog, leaves, food, hugs and love and --bear? Can that be? I do not
know what they are and had to watch Animal Planet to learn but that is what
the smell is, faint and oh-so-distant but present. A tense and angry and
hungry smell mixed with barbeque smoke and laughter. There was another
smell that Doc and Conley say belongs to "Christopher"-- a male puppy of
the human kind. Now an adult puppy altho how that can be I do not know.

At any rate she is home now and we have hidden the bag she carried her
clothing in so perhaps this time she is here to stay.

Hugs and Snooter kisses to all
MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset
Doc & Conley also

bgszap2 at gmail.com