[Dailydrool] Spleen Flips

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Nov 11 16:23:21 PST 2016

​I was asked why Conley's spleen flipped and I am at a loss. Apparently it
is similar to gastric torsion in other words--- they don't know.
I asked the Vet and she didn't know.
She said nobody knows for sure, maybe exercise, excitement, rough play--
like Gastric Dilation is it commonest among the deep chested breeds.
I assume that like bloat once it happens it may happen again.
Because Conley does have some abnormalities on his spleen we will ultra
sound it every 3 months and if we see changes we will remove the spleen.
Dogs may live many years without the spleen, and do. Llewis lived a couple
of yrs without his but he had cancer anyway. One of the Vet's dogs lived 6
years without hers.

MomPerson to COnley, Doc & MertaLou

bgszap2 at gmail.com