[Dailydrool] Conley Rises

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Nov 22 19:05:02 PST 2016

​Conley is asleep on the pillows on the bed. MertaLou is asleep next to but
not touching him. Doc is roaming.
>From Conley comes a growl, soft and then a bit louder. MertaLou lifts her
head immediately and looks at Conley and then away, turning her head away
from him, appeasing. The growling gets much louder and Conley lifts his
head and sees MertaLou and the growling intensifies and he locks onto her
like a missile. His expression is not nice, not at all friendly.
MertaLou turns further away, curving her entire body but she gives me a
look of sheer terror. Meanwhile Conley is uncurling from his spot, growling
loudly and very nastily, staring right at ML. I get up, grab a blanket and
throw it over his head and follow through by grabbing MertaLou and lifting
her right off the bed, no time for waiting for her to use the stairs and
besides, she was afraid to move. On the floor she instantly leaves the room.
Watching this unfold, Doc has retreated to his crate.
I have no idea why Conley does this from time to time but I know he will
attack--because he has done it twice in the middle of the night. Whch is
why he now sleeps in a crate.
Doc has been attacked twice: once for coming into the room and once for
standing up.
When I return to the bedroom, Cnley is completely covered and is no longer
growling.
I go back to watching the weather.Later, Liitle girl...

MomPerson to Conley, Doc and MertaLou