[Dailydrool] Brother Bob is now a Therapy Dog!

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Oct 3 15:08:15 PDT 2016

Brother Bob Basset and I have been practicing for the Pet Therapy Team evaluation since last summer. We learned everything with treats---lots of treats. Then I found out that I can't give treats during the evaluation--except for the one part where he can accept one treat. We went into the evaluation very unsure of what might happen. I envisioned Bob just laying down and refusing to participate--but that didn't happen. We passed!

Bob's vest I ordered for him arrived today. He looks very handsome in it. It is Marigold yellow with the Pet Partners logo on it. We will be starting to join a Paws to Read program at the local library. Children sign-up and read to Bob for 10 minutes, then pet and play with him for 10 minutes, and then another child gets a turn.

We are looking forward to a future of lots of reading time and children to play with Bob. He is already drooling, because of course they get to give him treats, too. It is a win-win situation for all of us!

Bobbette (bmorgan273 at aol.com)