[Dailydrool] A mixed bag

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Oct 13 02:17:02 PDT 2016

Firstly, drool to all dogs and humans that need it. We have plenty to spare right now.
I took Clara (Younger Clara, for those who remember Debbie and Elder Clara) to the vet for her annual check-up today. Unbelievably, she is now 12-and-a-half years old.
She has slowed up a little recently, but is still always game for her walks and initiates games with me where she charges up and down the stairs. So, it was a little surprising to learn she has a heart murmur, grade 2-3. I also got the vet to look at Rolph's leg where a skin tag has got more prominent. We are going to watch it, as vet thinks it is a cyst, but it could also be a mast cell tumour, so if it grows another 2mm, we must go back.
In happier news, after applying for more than 40 jobs and attending 10 interviews, I have finally been offered a job working in Westminster for the Government, subject to passing security checks. Let's hope buying the ingredients for Blue Power won't go against me!
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK